SAGGING REAR

bigdru

My disco 1 has started to droop at the rear, about 13 months ago i fitted britpart gas shocks and standard hight HD springs to it.

Hight from centre of the front wheels to arch is 51cm,

NSR is 52 cm

OSR is 48 cm

Phoned the place where i got the shocks and springs and he recomended fitting britpart +40mm spring to the rear. Would that sort out the sag at the rear and would they fit with my standard shocks

thanks

DRU

fitted britpart gas shocks and standard hight HD springs to it.

If the springs are Britpart, this is your problem, they are very well known for sagging, badly, after about 6-18 months. Of course if you have loaded up the truck more heavily then that is another reason, but you don't mention it so I assume not.

If they recommend you to fit +40mm that's fine, it will lift it, but then standard HD springs should lift it to, from the knackered springs that are on there.... Personally I would fit either genuine, which aren't that exp[ensive actually, or some Bearmach, which seem to have a better reputation.