Achilles Desert Hawk tyres

dbcar

I have just bought a Disco 2. It has Goodyears on the front and a new set of Achilles Desert Hawks on the rear. Difficult to find any advice on whether the Achilles are good tryes or something "cheap and cheerful" that I should replace. If it had no tyres (!), I would probably aim for something like BF Goodrich all terrains - mainly for all-year on-road use but including winter driving in Scotland. Any thoughts?

Many thanks.

Donald

Some would say Scotland is a bit of a desert but I think that's a bit unfair :lol:

I think the logic behind using road tyres is basically that you don't want something aggressive that will dig in so a MT will be down to its axles in half a wheel revolution. I'm not sure it's worth reading a lot into tyre names which in many cases are purely advertising to make one's BMW X5 sound like it COULD cope with the Sahara even if it rarely ventures outside the M25.