Adjusting doors before paint

Im doing a bit of a refurb to my 90, I'm converting from a truck can to a van and now up to paint.

The problem is the is a big gap between the passenger door and tub, the drivers side is ok. Is it just a case of loosening the large chassis to bulkhead bolt and other bolts on that side of the bulkhead, prying them back and adding washers between the chassis an bulkhead till I get desired gap?

Will the wing move back also?

Any help, would be great

There are two bolts on the side of the chassis and as far as I remember there is one at the front that holds the inner wing.

The inner wing one has got a bit of play in the hole but you may get away without loosening it if you don't have far to move.

You might also need to do window frame to roof if it is out at the top also.

The ones on the side of the chassis could be left where they are but I would loosen the bracket at the bulkhead, the holes in the chassis dont have much movement. (well my ones did not)

That will allow you some movement, are your hinges worn?

As that will make a lot of diference to hanging the doors.

You will also have to loosen all the bolts to the wing and bottom footwell supports, seat box and floor panel bolts to allow the bulkhead to move.

Did you remove the tub, bulkhead etc. or just replace the panels to turn it into a van?

Oh and be careful of your screen if you are re aligning the top section, ask me how i know!!!!!!

Edited by Mutz

When I got it as a truck there was a bigger gap down that side, I just got some sides, roof and rear door. I was hoping to make it right before I get it sprayed, I'll just have to give it a go and see what I have to loosen to make it move. Hopefully it'll not be too hard!