Snorkel that does not increase overall height of defender

Hi,

I am looking for a snorkel / raised air intake for a 110 300tdi CSW that does not increase the overall height of the vehicle.

It just scrapes into the car park at work as it is!

Does anyone have suggestions of a model suitable or one that can be adapted?

Many thanks

Many thanks for the suggestions guys, both look great, may have to save for a while for either of those!

Does anyone know if the military spec Bearmach STC 50265 snorkel can be shortened or would the mushroom top get in the way of the windscreen?

From what i can see, it should be able to be shortened a bit, but you wouldn;t want to make it short enough that the mushroom covered any of the screen.........

ps, i don;t think the southdown one is a bad price if you don;t mind having a tube thats not brush finished...... i had mine powder coated black, so it didn;t matter what the tube looked like.......... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Snorkel-90-110-Series-3-/120772475531?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c1e99ba8b

That's cheaper than I thought! Looks like the Southdown is the way forward! Less likely to get knocked off too.

Think black powder coating may be the way forward as it looks a little on the shiny side for me:-)

Thank's for the advice Disco-Ron!

• 2 weeks later...

Lapwing........... i just noticed you're in East Dorset............... fancy joining a club..??? we're Dorset based.... and we have an rtv trial at Bransgore on Sunday 27th, ok, so thats not dorset, but we do most trials in dorset, why not come along and watch and have a natter if ya like....

See http://www.dorsetrover.co.uk/content/bransgore-trial for details!! Make sure to come and say hello if you do come along... spectators are more than welcome!! for FREE!!

Looks good! I watched the video clip of the Mannington rtv!

I had looked at the Dorset Rover site before and when I can find a bit more time might come along.

Unfortunately can't make this Sunday, but will definitely keep my eye on the website.

ps snorkel is now powder coated matt black, which looks so much better (they should make it an option, the stainless steel look is a bit odd I think!)...... unfortunately it is still lying on my office floor ...... maybe next week!