Heater plugs not working

Judd

I have been having problems with the heater plugs on my landy they have been working fine,

At first I thought when I was repairing my oil burning issue I thought I might of damaged one of the cables, I have now replaced all of the cables, and now only have power to 2 plugs but with them been wired in series none of them work, the plugs look new but that doesn't mean anything

I was. Wondering if anyone had done a glow plug conversion as I have seen a kit on eBay for £35

Or should I put new heater plugs

Any help would be appreciated as this has got me stumped

Just to make things clearer for people who don't know the difference,

Heater plugs Are wired in series and the last heater plug in line is earthed (on mine it is earthed to the cylinder head)

If one fails it will stop the rest from working

Glow plugs are wired in parallel and don't have to be earthed as they earth them selves through the thread they screw in with.

If one fails the other should still work.

Yes the early low plugs are wired in series - so one out-all out. The Rover recommended procedure for fault finding is to start at the front and test everything - ie take terminals off the front one - check continuity of the earth lead - then check for power to the plugs - then check the plug itself for continuity (resistance should be extremely low)

Obviously you may be able to speed the process up a bit - I'd feed power to the battery end of the resistor - then test every terminal working from it for volts. If one plug has gone the chances are the rest will go soon as they've been operated for the same time and were probably made in the same factory at the same time.

They can suffer from bad connections - I had this the other day - taking No 2 apart and refitting the leads seems to have solved the problem for the moment.