Lightweight cooling fan bolts

Steve_M

Are you removing the Kenlowe then Steve?

Mark

Yes, not really out of choice though I think I got it all a little too wet and the thermosat packed up followed by the fan a few weeks later. When I get round to it I will probably have a go a taking the fan to pieces to see if I can't fix it, in the mean time I am going to fit a military fan I have picked up as a quick fix.

Regards,

Steve

Is it a Kenlowe capillary stat ?

These are notorious for filling with mud and water an corroding internally, I ended up spaying WD40 in every month as a precaution and the day following getting water under the bonnet ;)

Changed it in the end for an electronic one

Is it a Kenlowe capillary stat ?

These are notorious for filling with mud and water an corroding internally, I ended up spaying WD40 in every month as a precaution and the day following getting water under the bonnet ;)

Changed it in the end for an electronic one

Yes, it is the standard Kenlowe unit, if/when I put an electric fan back in I will probably look at alternatives.

Steve, Have a look at fitting one of the X-eng x-therm switches rather than the kenlowe 'stat.

As you say the fan that is on there is somewhat huge (and sounds like a turbine) but that engine does run warm so don't skimp on the cooling.

Cheers

Mark

Steve, Have a look at fitting one of the X-eng x-therm switches rather than the kenlowe 'stat.

As you say the fan that is on there is somewhat huge (and sounds like a turbine) but that engine does run warm so don't skimp on the cooling.

Cheers

Mark

The X-eng switches do look good and I will probably end up getting one of these. When I replace the fan (assuming I can't fix the old one) I intended to use the same size as it seems to be about right.

Regards,

Steve