Milemarker winch problem

red90 driver

Greeting all, I have recently installed 2 milemarker Type 'R' hydraulic winches on the truck.

One works perfectly, the other has a strange issue......

It will sometimes put itself into high speed mode, and I cannot get it back out again.

I have taken the offending winch to pieces (other one takes 2 hours to extract, so have not opened that one to compare yet)

The splined drive shaft that goes through the center of the drum and then the gearbox seems to 'float'.

When the high speed gear is selected, it should move onto the splined shaft, when dis-engaged, it should leave the splined shaft and allow the drum to rotate normally. However, the entire shaft on my winch can move into the high speed gear without that gear being engaged by the external lever.

High speed NOT engaged:

post-1831-0-52103600-1322943271_thumb.jpg

High speed Engaged:

post-1831-0-66898000-1322943388_thumb.jpg

I don't think this should be able to do this......

On doing some research, http://forums.lr4x4....showtopic=25692

(No pictures now it seems), here is a picture of the shaft taken from that topic:

post-1831-0-40192700-1322942942_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of my shaft:

post-1831-0-85436900-1322943039_thumb.jpg

As you should see, there is a clear difference between the 2 shafts. (The shoulder before the splines...)

Can someone have a look at theirs to see if their shaft is the same as mine?

Morning,

To me looking at your first 2 pictures above, i would say that in both cases high is engaged.

I would have at a guess, that you're missing a washer that slides onto the drive shaft prior to putting the shaft through the drum and into the planetry gears. This stops it going through too far which is what it sounds like is happening.

G

I think this is the part you need : FFHYDWH11-049

I can't get the picture to open to cofirm that is the right one, but it looks like it.

http://www.firstfour...ilemarker-parts