discovery 2 sagging leaning

andylandyman

Hi

I have a discovery 2 td5 on a S plate ive just been going round the car trying to make a nice example vehicle, one of things i noticed about the vehicle was when parked on the flat it leans, so the drivers side was lower to the ground than the passanger side, and the gap inside the arch was visually noticable, i measured from the rim of the alloy to the bottom of the arch and there was indeed about 20-23mm difference compared to the passanger side which seems to sit higher.

I needed new shocks and coils on the front so these have been replaced with brand new parts from paddocks spares, the vehicle sits higher on the front and the front coils had collapsed so the car rides nice on the front now. Yesterday I have done the same on the back as it looked squatted and bounced around when going over sleeping policemen etc, I got the car back this morning and it rides nice now with the new shocks and coils on the back but the back end on the right is still 20mm lower and you can visually see it and feel it when driving.

Ive spoken to the guy who fitted the shocks etc and hes a good guy and also my next door neighbour who has his own garage, but he seems to think there is no adjustment in order to correct the lean?

Has anyone got any ideas to why the car does this and also if there is a fix for it that i can then suggest to him?

Thanks for your suggestions

Andy

is it coil or air sprung on the back? if air sprung theres probably a leak in the airbag which will need replacing.

if coil sprung try lifting the vehicle up from the tow hitch with little weight in the interior, if it still leans this tells you its the front, if it dont lean it tells you its the rear spring thats sagged.