Simple disco alarm questions......

muddy

Evening folks, today i have been trying to remove the carp alarm from my disco.

Once i had located the 'new' alarms ecu in the passenger footwell and after putting the white plug back into AMR2109 (was plugged into 'new' alarm)it will now crank over(didnt before) on the key but wont fire. I had all the dash out- no spider, its a 1993/4 300 NON edc auto. Also the central locking isnt working anymore.

So if your disco is immobilised by the fob will it crank? i thought that the immobiliser cut the cranking and stop solinoid? I do not have the key symbol on the dash either.

I presume the unit pictured is a base spec one button receiver/ immobiliser unit but as dont have a fob i'm a little lost, Is there a bypass similer to the spider bypass that will rectify this or do i have to make my own? I would idealy like to be able to start and stop the motor from just the key and have the central locking working from the drivers door.

Original alarm box:

normal_DSC01694.JPG

Cheers, Will.

No 'spiders' as u don't have passive immobilision only a disco with the green coloured ecu has that and then you need a fob positioned by the ignition switch to crank the engine. Perhaps you ecu is faulty just make sure that the replacement ecu if u get one has the same frequency as your existing fob which you will be able to reuse after u have programed it to the ecu. But as u don't have a fob get a replacement ecu plus it's fob/s.

• 1 month later...

Evening folks, today i have been trying to remove the carp alarm from my disco.

Once i had located the 'new' alarms ecu in the passenger footwell and after putting the white plug back into AMR2109 (was plugged into 'new' alarm)it will now crank over(didnt before) on the key but wont fire. I had all the dash out- no spider, its a 1993/4 300 NON edc auto. Also the central locking isnt working anymore.

So if your disco is immobilised by the fob will it crank? i thought that the immobiliser cut the cranking and stop solinoid? I do not have the key symbol on the dash either.

I presume the unit pictured is a base spec one button receiver/ immobiliser unit but as dont have a fob i'm a little lost, Is there a bypass similer to the spider bypass that will rectify this or do i have to make my own? I would idealy like to be able to start and stop the motor from just the key and have the central locking working from the drivers door.

Original alarm box:

normal_DSC01694.JPG

Cheers, Will.

Did you get this matter sorted Will? Also are you wanting to use the alarm?