Retro fit heated windscreen :)

s3ndy

Okay so I still have not fitted my kenlowe fan yet but I am already getting more parts for my next mod :)

A heated front windscreen hehe Got the wiring loom out of a late 300tdi with heated screen.

Just got the screen out today but will get someone to fit this who knows what they are doing.

Got the wiring loom out but I can't find the timer switch!! so on my loom I have:

• Two connectors which go to the windscreen

• two 30amp fuses (near the connectors to the screen)

• one 70 or 60 amp large fuse which goes into the fuse box under the bonnet

and that is pretty much it apart from the wires which go to ground and some green wires which would go to the heated screen switch.

anyone have a wiring diagram for this mod? I will try and get some pics of the loom this weekend.

thanks

Andy

Would my disco have one of these units as mine was standard apart from the twin sunroofs. Would this mean plugging my car into a computer and turning the heated screen mfu on? then it's a case of finding where to put the wires :( could I not find or make a timer? just trying to find the easiest way to do this. s Unless there is anyone near Manchester who fancies the challange for 20 beers :)

If you already have the two sockets at the lower corners of the windscreen means all the wiring is there, then all you will need is fuse, switch and relay for the empty relay socket somewhere up behind the glove box, the mfu doesn't need programming as the timing function is already there.

If no existing wiring then your new wiring would be similar to any other piece of electrical kit, ie. fused 12v supply, non latching switch and a relay with a timer function and obtained from such companies as http://www.vehicle-w...me/homepage.php