TD5 EGR "homemade" bypass

I need to take out my TD5 EGR, but have no money at this moment, so decided to have the electrical plug disconnected, blocked the vaccum pipes junction (using a bolt and rubber tape), and blocked the pipe air passing from the exhaust (using a steel gasket and sealant). How much damage can I do to the engine? Brakes are feeling better, a faster response from the throttle is noticeable. Are they placebo feelings or can they be real effects?

The only bad effects an EGR removal can have, is when you forget to blank all the vacuum pipes, especially because it can affect the vacuum to the brake booster. But there's also a pipe going from the solenoids to the filterhousing you'd want to remove and block on the filter side.

Otherwise, your engine can only benefit from what you have done. A 'proper' removal also replaces the EGR valve assembly with a straight pipe, which eliminates any losses at the valve (it can stick open).

Greetz,

Filip