series 3 heater wiring

pitbull63

My SIII heater blower had a few problems and rather than spend hours messing around in the cold a few years ago, I just made a wire from the heater to the live on the coil so the fan comes on when the ignition is on, which let's face it is what happens all winter even if the heater fan switch actually works.

I work on the old British Railways principle of a "heating season"; The wire goes on the coil in late October and comes off in March.

It was, of course, a temporary measure one very cold day and like all temporary repairs it is the most permanent on the vehicle.

I hope to get it fixed on the upcoming rebuild/engine change/gearbox change.

ots not hard to fix. there is a seperate fuse for the heater behind the dash on the wire from the fusebox. in a inline fuse holder. has this gone? if not just take a fresh live from the ignition live side of the fusebox to the switch and then to the heater.

ots not hard to fix. there is a seperate fuse for the heater behind the dash on the wire from the fusebox. in a inline fuse holder. has this gone? if not just take a fresh live from the ignition live side of the fusebox to the switch and then to the heater.

Thats what I,ve ended up doing Woody.

Got a cracking colour wiring diagram via the lightweight owners site that shows the heaters wiring and then went from there.