Steve Maddison offroad motor

Bluemoon

Hi, I have a motor that once belonged to the legendary Steve Maddison. who was tragicly killed back in 2000 along with his wife and four others. I am reluctantly going to be selling this motor on, but would rather it was sold to someone who knew Steve, or of him. If anybody knows of an interested party, could they pm me please. The motor in question is a series one chassis, with a lightweight body, series 1 gearbox, V8 engine, hydraulic steering( ahead of its time) and heavy duty rollcage.

I know this would normally go into the for sale section, but its actually not for sale yet, but for the history, and Land Rover interest I would hope it would stay in this section.

Brian

I was told it was his vehicle that he competed in, but what the competitions were called ,I don,t know. I have tried searching online for photos to confirm, for 100% proof, but can't find any, I was hoping someone might have some , to show her in her former glory.

I'm pretty sure it would have been trials, I remember both Steve and Wendy trialled a series motor and I think at one point they may have had one each so it could have been one of those. I'll be seeing Patrick this afternoon so I'll see if his memory is any better than mine. Sometime around the mid to late 1990s I think they stopped trialling and concentrated on challenge events. When Steve "moved on" to the early challenge events I think the first vehicle they competed in was an ex Camel Trophy 110 which him and Neil Redpath won some of the early challenge events in prior to Steve's involvement in the Foers Ibex development.

The Muddy Truckers Trophy is running at the end of March - http://www.muddytruckers.co.uk/

"Muddy Truckers" was the informal name of the club that Steve and Wendy formed and this memorial event was set up by and still involves a lot of the club members. There will be a number of the original "Muddy Truckers" there as organisers, marshals and competitors and I'm pretty sure some of them will have photos so if you're not in a great hurry to sell maybe you could bring it or photos along to see what people remember about the vehicle and when it was in use.