Haynes & Rave different wiring from the Disco!

UkFoxy

I've changed...ALL the relays. Checked ALL the fuses a thousand times.Changed ALL the electronic boxes & checked all the earths.

BOTH the Haynes & the Rave manual show ONE wire (Brown/Pink) going directly from the internal fusebox (F4) to the drivers doors actuator, mine has a connector between the two?. The Bn/Pk wire from the fuse box on my disco stops at the connector? & doesn't reach the actuator....if I remove (F4) fuse I get some voltage but not enough to operate the actuators?

(1) Black..............Earth

(2) Yellow/pink.....?

(3) Brown/Black...?

(4) Orange...........Open voltage......Becomes live to open doors

(5) Pink................Closed voltage....Becomes live to close doors

Any ideas?

Hi There,

Fuse F4 feeds other things too, if the circuit to it is broken then things like the dash lights will not work too.

Some models have an anti theft thingy fitted. This then routes the wiring of the right door via connector C2104 which is in the drivers door post. its a 12 way thing according to my picture. Then connector C607 in the door. The wire leaves fuse F4 as pink and ends up as Brown /Black.

Well that's the way I read it.

Look for other things that don't work but I bet the fault is in the drivers door post.

Good luck with it.

Hi,

The circuit from the battery to F4 is fine as is the connection from F4 to the connector. I changed the internal fusebox today...still the same.My central locking is connected to the alarm ecu but I've changed that too. I'll double check the drivers door post again tomorrow...The things that don't work are...the bottom segment of the speedo ( I've replaced ALL the bulbs )...The speedo itself & the central locking. According to the haynes manual the earth (E201) is common to all three. In Rave it shows E201 as the earth at the connector to the speedo sensor at the transfer box so I'll check that again tomorrow.

Thanks very much for your suggestions, very much appreciated. :D

I'll keep you posted.

Hi There,

Fuse F4 feeds other things too, if the circuit to it is broken then things like the dash lights will not work too.

Some models have an anti theft thingy fitted. This then routes the wiring of the right door via connector C2104 which is in the drivers door post. its a 12 way thing according to my picture. Then connector C607 in the door. The wire leaves fuse F4 as pink and ends up as Brown /Black.

Well that's the way I read it.

Look for other things that don't work but I bet the fault is in the drivers door post.

Good luck with it.

The pink/brown wire from the fusebox (F4) stops at the connector & the brown/black wire comes from somewhere else & not from F4....The saga continues :angry: