Rear seat belts

DrRob

In process of replacing rear floor (new front inner wings, footwells and sills already done - rot free Classic in future!)

1993 Classic:

Question - how do you remove the rear seat belt floor mountings? I assume you unscrew the torx head bolts that are visible?

I had to grind or cut mine off (also a 1993). There is a plate underneath with a captive/welded nut that the torx head bolts screw into . It is only prevented from turning when you try to undo it by a couple of rivets through the floor. When I did mine the rivets just snapped.

Duncmc - cheers, thought so.

Fozsug - yep, seen that in my parts manual. Ta. I see we are "neighbours in Hampshire"....

Q - lower tailgate number plate wiring - I assume the connectors are inside the taigate and so need to thread it out to reveal them?

Will no doubt have more questions! Read lots of threads on floor replacement on here so got some good ideas.

PS I have sent some ££ to contribute to forum but not showing on my avatar - probably need to send more!

Cheers

Rob

Q - lower tailgate number plate wiring - I assume the connectors are inside the taigate and so need to thread it out to reveal them?

The bullet connectors on mine where tucked up inside the tailgate, I simply pulled the wiring out gently where it passes through the grommet on the bottom edge of the tailgate.

The bullet connectors on mine where tucked up inside the tailgate, I simply pulled the wiring out gently where it passes through the grommet on the bottom edge of the tailgate.

Done. Ta. Next job, remove floor with spot weld drill - where's there's metal left :unsure:

The spot welds aren't easy to see :o