What is this VDO box under my seat?

I'm in the process of hunting down a current drain on my TD5 110.

Under the drivers seat i've found the usual ECU and fuse box, along with a tracker that i'm about to remove, and also a VDO box that is wired into the ECU loom connected to the black plug.

Can anyone identify the VDO box?

post-26972-0-27510700-1331221064_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-44043500-1331221075_thumb.jpg

post-26972-0-19020900-1331221085_thumb.jpg

Have to agree with Jason that it is probably part of a vehicle tachograph. Do you have tachograph head fitted in the cab of the vehicle???

If you have not had the vehicle from new then it could of been fitted by the previous owner. If a landy or any other vehicle exceeds 3,5 tons (includes any trailer and load) and is used for hire or reward then a tacho must be fitted.

Shotrock

It's an ex-utilities 110 HD.

There's no tacho head in the cab, and no obvious place where one might have been fitted previously.

I'll trace the wiring tomorrow and see if it leads to any other hidden pieces.

There's another box beside the battery that has bhwgroup on it. Their website seems to suggest they deal with winches, but as the winch on this is PTO driven I'm not sure how this box will have any effect.

An electrical voyage of discovery... :)