A small crane...

ejparrott

Its just 'ALT + Print Screen' for the live window ;)

And if you have Windows Vista or 7, the snipping tool is really useful and far more flexible than editing in Paint.

My rebuild crane consisted of two scaffold A frames and a bar across the top. Used in combination with a 1/2 tn chain block it's really useful all the time you can roll the vehicle around under it. The top bar was quite bent by the time I was finished with it.

Later I upgraded to some 3"x4" channel bolted together and brace to the wall :)

6x4" or 6x2" with 1/4" wall would probably be safe (with the smaller dimension normal to the load). However, if you were to add a bridge over the top i.e. a bar connecting one end to the other of the cantilever with a pylon at the pivot point, this could be reduced significantly.

Using 60x60mm box section with 6mm wall thickness and a bridge made out of 16mm bar supported on a 100mm central pylon would also work.

Disclaimer! The above is based on ideal material and assumes that any welds are at least as strong as the underlying metal. It assumes that the beam and bridge are made from typical low carbon mild steel. I accept no responsibility if it snaps and hits you on the head!

That will be a 150x100x 14kg/m beam, when you spec beams you give the outside dimensions x the weight per metre

6x4" or 6x2" with 1/4" wall would probably be safe (with the smaller dimension normal to the load). However, if you were to add a bridge over the top i.e. a bar connecting one end to the other of the cantilever with a pylon at the pivot point, this could be reduced significantly.

Using 60x60mm box section with 6mm wall thickness and a bridge made out of 16mm bar supported on a 100mm central pylon would also work.

Disclaimer! The above is based on ideal material and assumes that any welds are at least as strong as the underlying metal. It assumes that the beam and bridge are made from typical low carbon mild steel. I accept no responsibility if it snaps and hits you on the head!

That will be a 150x100x 14kg/m beam, when you spec beams you give the outside dimensions x the weight per metre