Discovery 1 3.5v8 efi diagram wanted

Early90

Hi , I have spent ages searching here and internet but can not find a efi hotwire diagram that matches the colours in my loom! Using the 3.9 hotwire diagnostics check from the tech archive i was able do the first few checks and confirmed earths, battery supply to ecu,ignition switched live to ecu and what i think is the main relay operating ok,next step is to check fuel pump relay and i can not identify it!

Please does anyone have a wiring diagram? Discovery hotwire 3.5 v8 efi diagram

Although i have not yet lost the will to live i am having to suffer questions like " have you found anything yet"? Tension is rising chaps and i can`t do any more tests without the correct diagram.

Hi there,

Component location attached.

I also have the electrical troubleshooting as pdf but too big to post here - pm me if you need it & I can email it to you.

<edit> well tried to attach but that didn't seem to work.....

Thanks for that Ian.

Relays in that location are normal 4 pin relays as are the ones alongside,all have a black base,no blue base at all. I checked them any way and the two relays are working,the other two nearest the camera do not operate on the ignition switch but all have a permanant feed with ignition off. I swapped the relays around and found them all ok.

4 x 4 pin relays and wiring colours nothing like the diagram available on here.

IMAG0113.jpg

The only 5 pin relay is this one,again it does not match wiring diag colours but it does work.

IMAG0112.jpg

so far i have determined; Good earths on the correct ecu pins, perm battery live ok, ign live ok, -ve from coil ok, if that green relay is the main one then that is ok. Unable to determine the fuel pump relay i checked for voltage at the fly lead connector in the wheel arch, there is no voltage on the white feed with ign on.

I did find this

IMAG0114.jpg

Someone has nipped a bit of insulation off and grounded that wire using this from the earth bundle under the dash

IMAG0115.jpg

That wire has been connected to ground the whole time i have owned the vehicle (january) and was running fine,i just hoped i`d never have to find out why,lol.

Having spent hours searching the internet i realise that some of you must be sick of answering v8 efi questions but i am not finding the components or wiring colours shown in the diagram,where am i going wrong?

Can anyone help?

Found them. For the benefit of anyone else having problems locating the main and fuel pump relays on a discovery 1 they are located on the bulkhead to the right of the go pedal as shown in the above link OR above and inboard of the clutch pedal out of sight, together with the inertia switch.

Many thanks Ches,I have that circuit diagram but could not find the relays,that info would have led me to them if i had not already found them.

mine are mounted upright on that bracket,pump relay visible,the main one is alongside behind that black thing.

IMAG0121.jpg