300 Tdi conversion help: PAS pipe compatibility

Hi all,

Just got a quickie regarding compatibility between parts from a disco and 90.

I’ve just started doing the 2.5NA > 300Tdi conversion, and I was wondering about the compatibility of some parts of the PAS system, my NA has the 3 bolt steering box, and I’d like to keep it, along with the original PAS reservoir, the questions are:

Are the pipes between the NA

Reservoir ---> pump

And

Pump ---> 3 bolt steering box

Are they compatible with the disco pump, that is to say, do I need to use the Disco pipes or the NA pipes, or do I need to adapt one or the other to get them to fit?

I know I could just use the Disco box and swap the drop arms over (I think), but I’d like to keep some originality hinting at the fact that this was a conversion, a bit of a mix of old and new(ish)

I know I could wait and find out for myself, but I’d just like a bit or heads up on what to expect and to get all the bits ready so when the time comes, I can just drop them in….

Cheers

DB

I had custom hoses made for mine, 16mm fitting on the pressure side of the pump, one 16mm and one 14mm fitting on steering box, and two jubilee clips for pump suction and resevoir outlet. That was 200, 300 threads may be different.

No idea, I just swapped the Disco system over whole sale. Was not a problem at all with only one simple bracket made to hold the PAS reservoir on the NS wing. Plus you get the better drop arm/drag link combination and lose the pesky ball joint and the oddball 3 bolt (6 bolt in my case) steering box. Think spares in future.....

hum right, custom might be the way to go then... how much did yours get to have made up?

Orgasmic Farmer:

well I do have the whole Disco, so I'll keep the bits and aI may well change the whole lot over in the future, but I think I'll hang on to the 3 bolt box for the moment, and adjust it to tighten it up a bit, the only thing is, that I'd need to get a longer track rod as the disco on is longer, not having the swan next thing where the damper locates to....