Plastikote matt black - bonnet spraying

M&S

Hi all, I've searched for ages but can't find a thread where I'm sure I asked this ages ago. There was some helpful info so shame I can't find it :unsure:

Anyway, going to bite the bullet and spray the bonnet of the Disco matt black. Wanted to do this since I got it so after four years I figure I should just do it. Maybe it's the sunny weather today..It'll cost less than a tenner and I have time on my hands right now :blush:

I was thinking about using plastikote as I think that's quite tough? Right or wrong? Failing that halfords matt black will do (I can get both around the corner from me).

Also, for prep I think it was recommended to just use a plastic pan scourer over the original laquer/silver paint, tehn spray the matt straight on. Does that sound good? No need to primer?

I am going to take the bonnet off I think so I don't have to maske the whole vehicle off and can then spray it in the garage, save any overspray.

If anyone finds my original thread form a year or longer ago I'd be grateful.

Cheers, Martin