300tdi starting issues

Hello all....New to the forum but not the world of landrover. Im now on my 3rd disco and wanted some advice on its recent starting problems...It all began last year when my normal morning trip to work was interrupted when i stopped at the garage after maybe 5 miles only to have the truck refuse to start when i turned the key.all i got was a clicking sound in the passenger foorwell..suspecting the starter solenoid i rang the breakdown service only to have it start fine 5 mins later as i sat there waiting?? i fitted a recon starter and remade the 12volt feed wire as it was looking abit tired and it was fine for maybe 2 months, but then it same fault returned so i bit the bullet blamed the recon starter and bought a new bosch..remade various earths off the ignition and starter and it seemed fine....but then at the weekend the same thing happened,switch off the truck, get back in and nothing but a clicking in the footwell then after leaving it for 5 mins it would start fine???? now at this point im totally confused...but then closer inspection in the footwell behind the plastic kick panel i noticed that the foam insulation above the relays and ECU/immobilisor is soaking wet and dripping water everwhere....ive since removed the wet foam and hung all the relays etc by the heater motor out the way and so far so good....has anyone else had problems like this or any advice on it??? Cheers Scott