Electrical faults in a Disco 2

DiscoHere

I have recently bought a 03 facelift Disco 2. It is a lovely car to drive and exceptionally comfortable with all mod cons like cruise control, ACE, etc etc. However today out of the blue it developed 3 surprising faults and I am wondering if anybody can shed any light on them

When I started it today both the M and S green lights on the dash started to flash indicating an electrical fault with the gearbox. I did try stoping and restarting the engine but that had no effect. The car did as was programmed and ran in "limp home mode" for the remainder of my journey. Later it started normally and the lights went out and the car resumed normal functioning.

I have noticed over the past day or so that the engine imobiliser is kicking in following switch off as normal after a few minutes. however it will not restart without me pushing the unlock button on the key fob. Maybe it is noting to do with the first fault but it is odd that they are both appearing at the same time.

Lastly the Traction control kicked in twice today when I went over a small footpath. I have done this a large number of times and it didn't happen before. Maybe noting but maybe in conjunction with the above it might mean something.

I have driven the car again tonight without any issue except the imobiliser one.

Any suggestions?

Hugh

BTW what am I supposed to get in MPG in a Disco 2. I seem to be averaging 24 MPG so far ....seems kind of thirsty to me

Separate issues I reckon

The ETC is normal

The M&S lights need a chat with a diagnostic computer but my guess is the switch pack on the side of the gearbox is giving invalid position signals. Do you also lose gear indication on the dash?

I forget how the "friendly passive" immobiliser works in a D2 but I think its a coil around the ignition barrel same as the old one so there may be an issue with that and again you really need the computer to check that function

Td5 auto is working quite hard so that's probably not far wrong for mpg