mm anyone tried these before

reads90

Half way down is Rangie and Defender bent fron radius arms

Anyone tried them or heard of them

Here is some blah about them

Snake Racing again is leading the way with innovative new products to help in the quest for more articulaton and correct steering geometry.

Our Latest "CAST" 3" steel "Dropped Radius Arms" are designed to fit the front of your Disco 1 with 2"-4" inches of lift. The fitting of the arms will correct many issues relating to lifting your truck, including the main problem being correct steering geometry.

The "Dropped Radius Arms" will also correct the alignment of the bush at the chassis. When a truck is lifted with standard arms the bush becomes "maxed out" preventing articulation

ni5dfra_L.jpg

SnakeDPSArms0506_l.jpg

SnakeDPSArms0506_r.jpg

Or these

hl25mmtss_L.jpg

When lifting your truck above stock height the tailshaft splines extend leaving less contact for the tailshaft to stay connected.

If your truck is built with a decent amount of flex and the tailshaft is not the correct length the shaft can fail or fall apart.

CNC machined from T6 alloy, these spacers when placed between the pinion flange and tailshaft will give 25mm more spline contact.

Note - When ordering online 1 x puchase = 1 spacer

would be interesting to find out - and also where they get them cast

mmm they make quite a bit of stuff but more for the jap stuff, and the toyota and nissan radius arms are not cast from the same stuff as land rover , but don't know what. Just heard that in a conversation and did not follow it up

Last time I had somthing cast it was far from cheep....

it was for a building but no bigger than a hocky stick

£2k for the mold £250 for the part

the only saving grace was I needed 28 of them so the mold cost could be lost.

Casting is very expensive for low numbers off not so bad if you want 1000's off

The pattern costs the money as noted by Jules

Cheers

Steve

For certain simple castings, the original component can sometimes be used as the pattern. to allow for shrinkage after cooling it can be built up dimensionally with body filler. I don't know if a hockey stick qualifies as a simple casting though.

Bill.

Ref the propshaft spacers:

I had a pair made for the Disco as (mainly the front shaft) was running out of travel with the +3" lift and caster corrected radius arms.

I did the drawing and got them made out of steel at a local machine shop. :D

There's an article, complete with drawing, in the Workshop section on Mud Club.

Wizard now makes them from alloy and sells them on his Ebay Shop. ;)