TD5 engine oil leak

M&S

Yeah, may as well ask whilst I'm writing a list of MORE stuff that needs doing :(

Taken a photo, think the leak is from the plug but not sure? How do I change that?? I'm loosing a litre between services so if it's a massive job it can stay as it is as I've had enough now to be honest!

I have wiped the plug clean before the photo, but that is where the "freshest oil" seems to be from

post-12723-0-62439300-1340718193_thumb.jpg

Mine leaked from there when the plastic plug decided to pop out all on it's own !

I undid the bolts holding the loom in place, cleaned the plastic plug off, made a bracket to hold it in place and then applied RTV to the plug.

Put the retaining bracket on the bosses for the bolts, put the loom clips back in place and replaced the two bolts - no leak anymore.

Regards,

Peter.

Thanks Peter. I can see the bit you mean and will do that anyway, but I think mine is from the recessed metal plug/bung below that? Not sure, may be the camshaft seal and running down so will give that a try first as that won't cost me anything!

Thanks for the tip.