Disco Front Arms

Bigwood

Hi Folks, I am about to re-bush my Disco so I aquired a pair of front arms so I could have them ready to fit, cant have the tug off the road for long. Bought the bushes and fitted them no problem so far. Now comes the but and err bit. The bushes fit ok in all the holes and the chassis end of the arm but now I realise the threaded bit is a smaller thread than the ones fitted to my tug. As the bushes seem ok is it just a matter of thread sizes. Any clues would be aprieciated.

Hi Folks, I am about to re-bush my Disco so I aquired a pair of front arms so I could have them ready to fit, cant have the tug off the road for long. Bought the bushes and fitted them no problem so far. Now comes the but and err bit. The bushes fit ok in all the holes and the chassis end of the arm but now I realise the threaded bit is a smaller thread than the ones fitted to my tug. As the bushes seem ok is it just a matter of thread sizes. Any clues would be aprieciated.

I think I have found the clue to the ridle of the strange threads on my arms. I contacted the owner of the origional vehicle these arms came off. He says he bough the vehicle from an inporter that said it had new arms because the bushes were shot. :o These are after market arms fitted in Southern Ireland. Strange why new arms not bushes but I supose they should be ok as they were on the vehicle for nearly ten years. If they are different I will find out this weekend. :i-m_so_happy:

Hello,

I have always understood that later front radius arms are slightly smaller than the earlier ones although that was at the axle end - no idea about the thread. Whether this is a 200tdi/300tdi thing or not I don't know.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong...

Regards

MW