Under canvas

I have the crazy idea (not exactly soft top weather lately)of converting my 110 double cab to full canvas. I have seen the canvas available at All Wheel Trim, but cannot find the suitable sticks and four door top plates to suit.

Has anyone converted a Station wagon or DC before? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Another question has to be, how much effect this conversion is likely to have on insurance grouping ?

Hello,

Most of the hoodsticks will be the same in essence of the ones for the 90, with a few extra's (this may not be the answer you were looking for), but consider the noise aspect of instillation, a canvas tilt is very noisey from my experiance of driving on motorways as it can tend to flap, and it also (on a 90) will balloon out over about 50mph which is good as it reduces the noise aspect.

With regards to all Wheel trim, I have a Mohair hood from them for my 90 (about 10~11 years old now... and still prestine...worth every penny), the only one gripe I have was it would pop-off at about 75-80mph (.... not to be taken out of context .... only tested on a racetrack you will understand,....), but acted as a good speed limiting device....

The problem was that they used a piece of foam within the piece that is secured over the windscreen rail... The fix was to use a piece of rigid rubber hose that could be clamped more secure, good for significantly more on an autobahn without popping off.

My bikini hood (std canvas) is ok, but it could have done with better fitting to keep it secure at speed over 40-50mph

When I get my 90 rebuilt I will be down to all Wheel to get a new bikini custom fitted (mohair)