vented discs 96 disco1

john242

i'm wanting to replace the front brakes on a 96 300tdi,i've got a pair of vented discs and am wondering how easy/what parts i will need to use/fit these to the vehicle.I am aware that callipers will need to be replaced but with whitch ones,or are the callipers for vented discs the same? regardless of model?

any advice would be greatly appreciated .

I am also planning to swap egine/transmission from two 300 tdi disco's can anyone tell me if i'll get caught out by any thing? I am hoping that it is fairly straight forward,but have been unpleasantly supprised by sods law in the past.Once again help/advice will be appreciated.

Use the calipers from a post-95 Defender 110. The gap is greater but they are basically the same. This is often done to 90s as well. You may even find a scrap yard that will swop your calipers for very little money.