Running +2" shocks on standard springs

My 90 currently has a 2" lift which means it does not fit in the garage. So the lift just has to go.

However if I swap the springs can I use the +2 shocks. Do I just end up with more droop or do I run out of compression travel and have to extend bump stops???

Any thoughts

Thanks

Springs do not control axle travel... Bumpstops control compression travel, shocks control extension travel.... Whether you need longer bumpstops to prevent the shock from bottoming depends on the specs of the shocks. Whether you need retainers to control the springs unseating depends on the free length of the springs. There are a lot of variables and not one single answer.

i am running +2 rears on a std height 90. std bump stops - no problem (TF shocks) std mounts. i have had to secure the top of the springs though to stop them coming unseated on articulation.

yep - as others have said - you should be ok with compression. Best to check though by removing the spring and jacking the corner up to the bump stop to check it doesnt bottom the shock out before contacting the bump. Also factor in at least another 10mm bump stop compression when measuring what compression is left in the shock!

as for extension, mine has standard 300tdi springs on and the rears disclocate by about 3" so i made some little pyramids on the spring seat to relocate the spring correctly and i fixed the spring to the top spring mount. Much quieter and smoother operation. Fronts dislocate by about an inch and i didnt do anything with them, as they have always reseated without the need for any modifications.