Sun Diagnostic machine MEA 1500 - help/manual needed please!

L19MUD

Hi all,

Whilst scouring ebay for much newer diagnostic equipment I came across this . . . . . . . .

http://www.ebay.co.u...69428714&_rdc=1

secured for the princly sum of £1.20, collected in the lorry, brought home and plugged in . . .

and it works :i-m_so_happy:

Or at least it appears to :ph34r: - the 15 minute warm up process appears to work without fault which I am presuming relates to the gas analyser.

Does anyone have a manual kicking around for one of these from years gone by that I could borrow and photocopy/buy or give me any pointers?

Ideally I want to be able to use the gas analyser for pre MOT checks, but it would be nice to be able to use the scope side of the machine too.

If nothing else it looks nice in the workshop! :wub:

Used one back in the 1990 at Ford , seem to remember they were faily self explanitory, with all the leads cleary marked up, and scope programs push button. Try your local MOT station as they were MOT aproved and they might have an old manual, also try your Snap on dealer as they sold them back in the day.

I emailed snap on but unfortunately they don't have a users manual, surprisingly though they did send me the complete service manual which should help me get the o2 detector working - everything else is now working on its self test.

I can email the pdf if anyone should need it.

Hopefully should also now have some training manuals coming from a friend that used to use one.

I still can't get a display on the oscilloscope screen though

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2012 at 7:56 PM, L19MUD said:

I emailed snap on but unfortunately they don't have a users manual, surprisingly though they did send me the complete service manual which should help me get the o2 detector working - everything else is now working on its self test.

I can email the pdf if anyone should need it.

Hopefully should also now have some training manuals coming from a friend that used to use one.

I still can't get a display on the oscilloscope screen though

Hi L19MUD,

I've just found this post and got very excited immediately because I have a same model in my garage but unfortunately someone has disconnected a few hoses and electric connectors inside the machine and I can't figure out how to reconnect them propery. Now I have brand new O2 sensor installed so it's value is correct but the others are still dropping below zero and the laek test cannot be performed.
I would much appreciate if you could send me the manual!
Thanks a million in advance!
Best!
Gabor Csiki