Firebombed!

Steve King

This swb was taken off the road around 4 years ago by someone living a few streets away. I always hoped that it would be restored, as the chassis, bulkhead & body seemed in fair condition. I guess it was engine or gearbox woes that led to it's retirement.

The other day I drove past it's resting place and was sad to see that it had apparently been firebombed!

It must have been pretty hot to melt the roof and sides like that!

I can't help but wonder if the fire was started by a snobby neighbour who objected to the Landy being laid up in their street :angry:

th_2006-09-0508-40-38_0001.jpg

[cynic]...... or by the owner to claim the insurance? [/cynic]

This swb was taken off the road around 4 years ago by someone living a few streets away. I always hoped that it would be restored, as the chassis, bulkhead & body seemed in fair condition. I guess it was engine or gearbox woes that led to it's retirement.

The other day I drove past it's resting place and was sad to see that it had apparently been firebombed!

It must have been pretty hot to melt the roof and sides like that!

I can't help but wonder if the fire was started by a snobby neighbour who objected to the Landy being laid up in their street :angry:

th_2006-09-0508-40-38_0001.jpg