Off to Australia...any tips?

UdderlyOffroad

Afternoon all.

My work have finally agreed to send me to Perth, WA to go sort out this project I've been working on...so two questions for all you globe-trotting types, and indeed any Ozzies reading this

1) Anything within reasonable distance of Perth worth doing that's 4x4/offroad related? Likely to have a day off whilst I'm there. Currently plan is to explore the city...

2) Any goodies worth purchasing that are significantly cheaper over there than in the UK? At the moment my project needs time rather than money spending on it - but if I were going to the USofA for instance I'd pickup a job-lot of Fatmat sound insulation as it's about 1/3 of the price. Can't think of anything from Australia though, unless you tell me otherwise?

Matt

Postage cost's from Oz really are not that expensive much cheaper than the additional money you will need to pay an airline, it's fairly quick also. When I have been down there for work I have not bothered bringing stuff back, but get friends to post me stuff all of the time.

I currently have a set of ARB indicators on their way to me, I got them from Oz ebay for significantly less than the UK cost, they were sent free to a friend in Melbourne who has today put them in the post for $18 aus they should be with me next week.

If you do want to save money you may be better to check out the bargains available on your stop over, if you can try and engineer a day in Singapore, just check the spellings on the electrical goods LED lights are also well priced if you remove the shipping costs!!

Jason.

Check under the Dunny seats "before" you sit down !! :P

My coat ?, why thank you ! ;)

How can you tell it's there?? By the screams!!

A day off? You wont get far out of Perth with a day off! :hysterical:

Will see you there for a beer in 12 months time!

Hence the will probably just explore the city plan. Hopefully we'll be done with the project by the new year, but if we're still going in 12months you're on for that beer! :-)

Postage cost's from Oz really are not that expensive much cheaper than the additional money you will need to pay an airline, it's fairly quick also. When I have been down there for work I have not bothered bringing stuff back, but get friends to post me stuff all of the time.

I currently have a set of ARB indicators on their way to me, I got them from Oz ebay for significantly less than the UK cost, they were sent free to a friend in Melbourne who has today put them in the post for $18 aus they should be with me next week.

If you do want to save money you may be better to check out the bargains available on your stop over, if you can try and engineer a day in Singapore, just check the spellings on the electrical goods LED lights are also well priced if you remove the shipping costs!!

Jason.

Interesting, thanks Jason. Unfortunately stop-over will be in Dubai at silly-o'clock in the morning. Don't really need owt other than free time at the moment anyway!