D1 V8 auto tubular bumper and winch?

lacrits68

Hello!

Im working on my D1 and fitting an new tubular bumper and 12500lb winch and everything goes smoothly untill winch is goin in!

It wont fit! Auto cooler is in the way!

Now Im asking some help how to solve this problem? Do i need to relocate cooler? If so where and how? Pipe work is quite exact and wont allow much movment!

Im asking som hints how to go on!

Cheers

Jan

There's a bit in the tech archive about this. http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=12331

When we did it with my friend's, we didn't do it so professionally. We hacksawed the pipes where they were together near the front crossmember, drilled some new mounting holes, spun the cooler round and double jubilee clipped some rubber pipe in place of the metal pipe. We replaced some of the oil that spilt out by pouring it down one of the pipes above the level of the cooler and blowing it through. Not elegant, but it worked, level was ok and no leaks after running it since the indoor show...

Edit: Forgot to say, we cut the pipe a few inches below the cooler as well, replacing the missing pipe with the rubber.