MOT Failure/Prop questions.

Frax

Well I thought it would happen, checked over the Defender last week and found that one of the track rod ends was on its way out, Ordered a complete set of heavy duty bars and Ends as I never done these when I rebuilt it over a year ago, Terrafirma + an adjustable panhard rod.

My front and back wheels are not inline – never caused a problem but thought I would also put this right.

Needless to say the Deliver man let me down again so chanced my luck with MOT and failed. :(

Anyway when I was at the MOT station I noticed that my front prob spline was in very poor condition so ordered one from John Croddoch an EXTREME DOUBLE CARDAN FRONT PROPSHAFT WITH FLANGE AND FITTING KIT L230 TRANSFER Box, I don’t know if I have this transfer box, I know I have an R380 gear box – Can anyone advise.??

Also I see you need to change to flange to get this to fit, is this an easy job and does the oil dump when you remove the old one ?

Got home and my new back prop was delivered so just been out and fitted that, + a new battery.

Frax