Discovery 1 300 tdi

johnseries

Hi All

Can anybody help

I have an ABS warning light on. I have checked all four ABS sensors are fully fitted. I have changed the ABS motor assembly. I now have the blink codes to check the fault that is present but I have found and disconnected the ABS relay but I can't find the 16 pin socket to bridge the pins to get the blink codes displayed.

Sorry the Discovery is an "M" Reg.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all

Now I have eventually found the blue connector and bridged the diagnally opposite black & black/pink wires I have obtained a blink code of 2 - 6 Brake pedal Position (BPP) Switch. Can anybody confirm that means replace the switch on the brake pedal.

Cheers again

John

The problem is, you're driving on a smooth dirt outback road sitting on around 80-90 kph and out of the scrub bounds a kangaroo, you hit the brakes, the wheels lock up in nanoseconds on the smooth dirt and hey presto then release (as designed) and before you know it one dead 'roo and some external panel damage that you really didnt need.

Fast forward and remove said ABS andsame senario - hit the brake and wheels lock up, they bite through the loose stuff to the hard road surface below and grip and hey presto you have momentary brake lock-up, back off the peddle pressure to control decelleration and the 'roo bounds away unsullied and my external panels remain as were ^_^.