Mega Fireup but poorly V8 engine

muttleyd

Thanks Quagmire. Beginning to lose patience with this lump now. Had a chat with Nige today about this and some other things.

Am almost at the point of pulling this one out and finding another engine. At least I can rebuild this one at my leisure then, just really need to get the defender running again to preserve my sanity....

I know what your going through mate, my 90's been off the road for 4 months now, and I've still not got it running yet and the tax runs out at the end of February so I have till then to mot or I'll end up getting reported by my (un)friendly neighbours

• 4 weeks later...

Right

Spare engine acquired hopefully it will get me by for a bit.

As usual a half hour trip to pick up an engine turned into a 2.5 hour adventure. Couldn't get the mobile to work the sat av was a mile off. Finally spotted a rangie towed behind a tractor and decided to follow it and ask if he knew where the farm was. Anyway found the he was the right man. But the engine and box wouldn't go in the back of a caddy. So split the box and engine in a muddy farm yard in the dark.

Why do we do these things

Well here's the real reason for the post.

Was going to swap the torque convertor for the one on the current engine. However looking through the Haynes book for the rangie classic there is not much info. Not so much as any bolt torques.

Any info or advice??