2004 DEFENDER 90 TD5 SWIVEL HOUSING

Hi all

I'm new to the forum and more importantly the new owner of a 90 td5.

I'm setting to a number of small tasks. The first is the replacement of the front swivel balls and pins, bearings etc. The hubs are now stripped down but a solid caliper bolt on the drivers side meant it had to be drilled out leaving an elongated hole and part stripped thread in the housing. The other calpier bolt was ok. I thought about a helicoil repair but I've not done one before hence lack the experience. I'm also not keen on the idea given its brake related !!!!

A replacement housing is therefore on the cards. I have ordered new swivel balls and got new pins and bearings etc.

I'm struggling to find a drivers side new housing - the part ref is HRC2374. Does anyone know where I could get one.

I'm based near Cardiff.

Thanks in anticipation.

Thanks Ralph

Much appreciated.

Would Bearmach do such a part as they are local to me ??

I note your recovery work. I do a bit of gravel rallying when funds allow, most of it in Wales. I expect you've been to God's Country when doing some of your recovery work ??. Probably seen you about over the last 30 years. Hoping to do the Wyedean if I can get a permit and the 90 stops costing me the hard earned.

Cheers