fuel guage not reading

coachman

Firstly I would thank ALL who answer mine and other peoples queries .

My new problem ( although I have put up with it for sometime ) is my fuel guage on the dash board .

It does not accurately register i.e ,it does not fall to empty when the ignition is on or of ,although I went to the lengths of carrying spare fuel and running the car untill the yellow low warning light came on , andyes it did and the fuel guage with ignition on registered low but under normal conditions the fuel guage does not register as it should .

Any ideas gentlemen /ladies .

Coachman.

First the fuel gauge will register what ever is in the tank with or without the ignition being on.

It appears that the sender in the tank is working although that maybe partial if the low fuel lamp illuminates but the gauge pointer fails to move as the fuel decreases, or increases.

It has been known for the sender or it's electrical connections to go faulty. :(