Intermittent Wiper Issues

jimmy86

Hi All,

Just a quick question about some problems I am having with my front widescreen wipers. They are getting stuck when on the intermittent setting, and not returning to the bottom. They work OK when on the constant settings but when you turn them off they don't return again. If you time it right you can get them to stop in the right position Is this a common problem? Does it mean new motor and linkage and how easy is this to fix myself for a novice to car mechanics?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Yes it was relative easy do to. I would get a hold of Rave, there you got a point by point description to remove the motor. Then drill out 4 rivets in the motor, remove the grease, then fix the contact.

I had to solder on a little piece of copper to my terminal. Screwed it together and its like new again.

To get to the motor there are 6 plastic screws(not really screws, but you have to unscrew them then drag them out) in the plastic thing(plenum) under the wipers and 6 plastic "rivets" under the bonnet seal.

On the wiper themselfs there are a nuts under the plastic cover that you have to unscrew. Mark the wiper position and take them of. Then remove the plastic plenum.

You can now see the whole wiper motor assembly and there are one plug and 3 bolts to remove the motor with linkage.

motoroglinker.pngUploaded with ImageShack.us
motoren.pngUploaded with ImageShack.us
plastikkundervisker.pngUploaded with ImageShack.us
viskerarm.pngUploaded with ImageShack.us