Swapping series roof parts?

Josh NZ

Hey all,

This may be a really silly question, but can you interchange 2dr and 5dr roof parts?

The reason I ask is that I'm searching for a roof for my Stage 1 2dr, and I got offered a Safari roof with rear door off a CSW for a pretty good price. Problem is, I need longer side panels to fit a 2 door.. Assuming I can find some side panels off a 2 door can I swap them for the 5dr side panels to create a 2dr safari roof?

Thanks in advance!

The roofs are fundamentally the same. The only difference is that a Staion Wagon roof will have Alpine Lights (the ovalised windows) and possibly have a Safari panel (second outer skin for shading and heat control) and four vents (like mini sunroofs) in the centre section. They are directly interchangeable, being a bolt-on, bolt-off affair with the same gutter and basic aluminium panels as the plain roof on a utility model.

The side sections for a utility 109 would have been solid panelled from the factory, but many have been fitted with windows. If you can't find a good pair of 109 panels, then worry not - 110 panels bolt straight in too and are dimensionally identical. They differ slightly on the door seal flanges, but Defender door seals are a nice, simple upgrade anyway.