new to series 3

landypugh

Hello all

First of all would like to say hello again I am looking at getting a series 3 and would like a bit of advice before I purchase.

Well I currently have a classic mini have had them for years and I am looking to move to a series 3. I know from one end of the classic market to the other.

I have seen one I like but have had to come away as unsure will fit in my garage if I am right its just below 77inchs tall a series 3 my garage is only 75inches tall well the door is.

My question is will it be easy to take the roof off so can get it in the garage as I don't want to leave it out in open as will want to do some work on it. also when the roof is off do you recon this will go in.

thank you speak soon carl

Hi Carl,

It is possible to remove the roof, but its not practical. What is practical is replace the rear wheels for a set of old rims or fit some low profile tyres to a set of 2 rims. I used to go for the rim option, gives some stripes on the concrete, but otherwise ok. the slope on the front bit of the roof was perfectly horizontal with the rims on the rr axle only.

It also depends on the size tyres you have obviously.

Daan