Defender 2.5n/a surging after filter change

Need a little advice on what to do please

Changed the lift pump and fuel filter on my 90, 2.5n/a diesel and she is surging occasionally on tick over and revs not always dropping off quickly when changing gear.

She will tick over lovely for a minute then the revs will rise for a few seconds and then fall. Sometimes looses power for a second or two on the road as well I'm told by my brother who test drove it after the repairs

I'm thinking air in the system but will bleeding the injectors cure it. not had time to get it done as I have a broken shoulder so cant do it myself, can't drive it due to a broken shoulder but would like it right for when I can.

Thanks

Still surging just a little and only now and again, not had time to bleed it properly on the pump so I suppose its some air in the system.

Got a 200 tdi for it now so just going to live with it for a week or two.

Well it's sorted, the new lift pump that I put on last week has failed, the arm snapped and dropped in the sump. Fitted a good used one and its going like a train.

Cant trust new parts these days and I think Delphi have finished so where do we go?