Engine Mounts

Shackleton

Guys I've a conundrum...

My 3.9 conversion is set for this coming weekend - everythings prepped and ready.

I'd bought a new set of engine mounts as a 'while I've the lump out' fix. When I checked the mounts the 3.9 was sitting on they looked markedly different to the ones the 3.5 is on, so I said this to my LR guy.

He told me they're all the same but that I'd have to drill the holes bigger to accept the mounts he had in stock - they've bigger bolts in them. I said grand and away I went.

On comparison in the engine bay the old 3.5 mounts are well taller - they don't have the metal disk sandwich thing going on, they just look like a big fat rubber doughnut. And taller then the sandwich type.

On the face of it it looks like if I mount the 3.9 into my 2 door on the newer type mounts, it'll sit lower then the 3.5 is currently sitting. I know thats not going to affect the gearbox innards cause obviously it's bolted solid to the engine but is it gonna make carp of the g/box mounts?

I've compared the '90 RR chassis welded in mounts and the mounts bolted to the engine, to the '73 RR ones and they're identical.

Should I be going back and saying 'hey order me the right mounts' or what? I'm starting to get worried cause I don't want to be told they can't be got till next week. I'm effing sick of this conversion and I'm so close :(