Slightly advanced 3 amigos question

muddy

Afternoon all, I have just got a TD5 showing the above problem, plugged a T4 in and read and cleared 4 fault codes, went for a drive, lights came straight back on after some funky TC on what felt like one wheel, only two codes this time both relating to LHR sensor - air gap and wiring.

Upon inspection the sensor seems to have been replaced at some point and was joined at the chassis with some terminals I have checked and heat shrunk these re-connected, cleared fault codes drove and lights came back straight away.

Today I have checked resistance of the sensed 1050 +/- 50 both sides and checked supply voltage on both sides ( 4.8ish ) upon re connecting the sensors and Turing ign on lights go out and come on again straightaway, I have also plugged in a brand new hub and sensor assembly I have here and it does the same.

I guess that the lights will always illuminate after bulb check as there is a serious fault stored however if the fault is rectified will the system function correctly with the lights on? If so I will re assemble and try it otherwise ill wait until I can get the T4 plugged in and try it.

Can anyone tell me if the above voltage on the chassis loom seems correct?

Cheers, Will.

My understanding is you need the computer to reset the fault codes while there is still a fault the light will constantly relight at the appropriate point.

With mine it is when I go over a speed hump too fast which I would think related to dodgy wiring.