Front left bulkhead out rigger replacement

hi all

I've decided to do some actual maintenance on my truck next weekend instead of bolting on new goodies :)

both my front p/s bulkhead outrigger and the rear body tubular outrigger need replacing.

i think the rear one will be a piece of cake but the front one looks a little more daunting.

any advice on hw hard it is, the easiest way to do it etc without splitting the chassis and body??

thanks

tom

Most of the job is ok, assuming you are handy with a welder, (Prop the seatbox sill rail, lop off the old rigger, unbolt bulkhead bolt on new rigger and weld) but welding the top of the new rigger to the top of the chassis can be a pig.

Access is poor, and from the engine compartment.

It may be easier to leave the top of the old rigger in place over the chassis and trim the new one to match and then seam weld from the underside.

Alternatively you may be able to patch the old one - it's surprising what can be done, safely and sturdily, with 2.5mm sheet. A good coat of spray on zinc and oodles of well oiled waxoil and you'd be good to go as long as a new rigger.

G.