Backlash in gearbox

Only in fourth?

Mine was most most noticeable when taking up drive in first. The coupling to transfer box eventually failed, so suggest you remove the inspection cover on rear of transfer box and see how much play between the shaft and the transfer box primary gear. When I stripped the original LT77 it was completely worn out, there was no land left on the crown of the gear teeth, they were actually sharp and all the synchro cones were also completely worn out. That box was changed over 10 years ago after about 150k miles on it.

Don't forget everything in the drive train that could be also be very tired in a 25 year old truck.

Good luck.

Rob

That's what has us confused, I can feel the synchro starting to go on 3rd but all the other gears go in fine but .4th is an absolute nightmare with any sort of load out on it. The vehicles only done 84,000 but I'll take the inspection cover off and see what I can see.

Cheers

Jamie