A 80/100W Bulb on D2?

Desert Cat

As looking into the OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED bulbs, the relevant model is 64193NBU - Link to technical info-Bulb family sheet

BULBs are P43T mount
display the following:
it's a 60/55W
1650/1000 ln power

While the "Off-Road" is an OSRAM 62204
It's a 100/90 W
2900/1700 lm in power

The lumen difference is very significat here

the Night breaker is 5A while the "Off-road" is 8.3A

Do you recomend replacing the bulb socket to a ceramic one? link

As long as you have a good electrical connection they will manage, only bad connections get hot, even with regular bulbs

I run 100w bulbs with replacement wiring on my 200 disco (original electrics are highly substandard) so they definitely receive full amps and they do not get too hot

100w bulbs are noticeably better that 55w.

• 2 weeks later...

After fitting relays in my headlight wiring I have pretty much dismissed the idea of needing more powerful lamps than standard, and that is on a 200Tdi Disco!

Tons of people say up the wattage of the lamps but neglect the issue of power to the lamps.

Relays are a HUUUUUUUUGE improvement in a 200 disco system or an early defender for that matter

I ran 100w bulbs and didn't see much difference for ages, but after fitting relays, well, different story! 100w bulbs in my headlamps are now noticeably brighter than 55w in my aux spots :)