v8 oil pressure mysteries

disconc

Hi Gents,

thanks for your contributions.

BBC, I do agree with you that this aftermarket rad surely has changed the OEM specs for the oil circuit, hence the pressure difference.

Someone told me also that the combined coolant/oil rad also has the benefit of "warming" the oil...

Mr Fridge, I do also agree with you on testing simple things first, like by passing the cooler to see how it goes pressure related, but I am not sure to be able to source easily around here the required fittings... cooler side, they are the fittings with a tube sliding in another one, with an o ring and a metric nut holding together.

Although bringing up the idea of stiffening the PRV spring to try and compensate for the aftermarket part... I am a bit afraid of messing this up in fact really.

So, as soon as possible, I will recheck everything, with a new gauge, then even change oil and filter to be sure all is clean... and keep an eagle eye on my pressure, as 20 psi is all good on idle and 30 psi still seems okish for an engine not going past the 3000 rpm more than a few secs for a kickdown :-))

Thanks for your help

Best regards

Erik