Engine cut off & fuel filter light

Lidderd

Hai,

yesterday I filled my discovery td5 up and drove about 130 km with the tank then parked the discovery for about 2 ours then got into it again to drive to work. Within 2 km from parked position the fuel filter light came on and then the engine light then the engine turned off automatically.

I thought that it can be water in the diesel and drained the filter next to the road after this the car started and I was able to drive 50 meters when the same thing happened.

Towing it back home I replaced the fuel filter and cleaned the sensor but still the discovery does not start, when the ignition is turner so that the warning lights show, the engine light flash on and off.

Please there is any advice to what this problem can be and how it can be solved?

I tow started the discovery yesterday it started and the engine sounded smooth but as soon as I place my foot on the fuel pedal the engine shut off.

Okay I just had a look at the injector harness that seems fine there is no oil leak at the plug. I cleaned the red ECU plug. But still the disco does not start.

I tow started the discovery yesterday it started and the engine sounded smooth but as soon as I place my foot on the fuel pedal the engine shut off.

Okay I just had a look at the injector harness that seems fine there is no oil leak at the plug. I cleaned the red ECU plug. But still the disco does not start.

do you hear the fuel pump when you turn ignition on cos i have the feeling that you dont

check fuse F10 in engine bay fusebox, if it's good swap relays R1(fuel pump) with R3(headlamp wash) for test...that water in fuel warning is on the fuel pump feed's circuit and if there's no feed to the pump the warning comes on regardless of water in fuel or not...LR should have mentioned that in the manuals but they didnt...i found that out on the hard way...if the fuse is blown and it'll blow after you replace it the pump is gone or there's a short to earth somewhere on the wiring to pump or to the water sensor...unplug the pump and if the fuse doesnt blow with the pump unplugged then it's certainly the pump...unplug the water sensor too cos it could blow the fuse as well.