Winch Bumpers

Starting to put together my shopping list for things to buy and top of it after cab heater (see seperate post), is a winch and bumper. I have seen the Guardian bumper on Eblag has anyone bought one of these and if so are they any good.

Starting to put together my shopping list for things to buy and top of it after cab heater (see seperate post), is a winch and bumper. I have seen the Guardian bumper on Eblag has anyone bought one of these and if so are they any good.

If it was me I'd prolly spend the extra cash on a slightly better make. I might get shot down, but First Four are good from personal experience. Reallistically you need to consider what you are asking it to do. Sticking a 4 tonne odd winch on it, and I did buy a bumper off one supplier and the recovery eyes were so pi$$ poor that had I double line pulled using them I'm sure they'd of ripped open. I sent it straight back and got a new one made up to my specs.

Really what I'm trying to say is, if you buy a 'known reputable brand' then you are gonna be safer. The one you selected just looks a little flimsy IMHO.

Keef.

Looking at sticking a self recovery winch on it and from looking at that one from first four yeah i agree it might look a bot flimsy. Think i am going to have to search round a bit more, so if any one has any recommendations for both the bumper and the winch let me know

Looking at sticking a self recovery winch on it and from looking at that one from first four yeah i agree it might look a bot flimsy. Think i am going to have to search round a bit more, so if any one has any recommendations for both the bumper and the winch let me know

Winch - EP9 with Plasma. Best winch for the money, and any of the 1st Four bumpers. Obviously think what you want to do with it, and whether you need to have an optimum approach angle or if you can settle for a sticky out one. Also the bigger the winch / bumper / cable, you might need to think about uprating your front springs and possibly run a second battery / split chage (cue x-eng split charge system)

First four/ Southdown/ D4x4 are all decent in my opinio, SteveG has a first four with EP whinch, got a good deal from them have a look at his machine in the app. section.

i personally would stick with something in line with the chassis rails but set back as far as possible and from one the 3 distr as above.

Batteries, go for two decent tractor/truck ones that fit buy two the same as same time. several on here running Mole Valley batteries and work well with twin winch setup etc. I am not running a split charge though.