Heater Matrix repair, air con for sale.

rrr47

I have started the long job of changing the heater matrix on my SE.

I could not believe the weight of the fans and other air con bits under the dash, I will be removing all the air con bits so if any one is interested in any parts or all of it, I am open to offers.

I will post some pics a bit later.

I managed to get the heater out today without removing the dash top. I had the air-con out, which left a huge gap, undoing the screws that hold the dash top above it aloud me to pull the heater out while lifting the dash top on the passenger side. Very difficult job to separate the heater and then put back together with the new matrix, had to check all the flaps lined up and then rebuild the heater controls. Reconnecting the heater hoses was a pain as they had been disconnected for 4 years and moulded themselves into the wrong shape. Also, I had to put them back with the 'T' pieces for the LPG. None of the 6 pipes wanted to fit together or fit around the engine. But got it to a stage where I could run the engine and check all the hoses for leaks, and, that the heater was working, so touch wood, everything is A O K.

Put all the dash and centre console back in today, the plastic dash around the heater controls and stereo is very flimsy, and has gotten broken over the years. I always wondered how the dash parts either side of the stereo were screwed together, now I know, the plastic pins are melted to the rest of the dash, that's why I could never remove them. The centre console has always been broken due to a handbrake that has been pulled up too high, but now it is even worse, does anyone have any ideas on a fix, or a spare for sale?